How can you tell if a user is at the bottom of a ScrollingFrame?

How would I accurately see if a user is at the bottom of a ScrollingFrame and can’t scroll down anymore?

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure you could use the CanvasPosition property of the ScrollingFrame to do this.

Perhaps something like:
if ScrollingFrame.CanvasPosition == Vector2.new(0,0)

Then replace 0,0 with the bottom of your frame.

That’s great but my frame size is frequently changing, so how would I be able to detect the position of the bottom of the frame at any given time?

I’m not on my PC right now, so I can’t check for sure but:

There’s a property which is called CanvasSize which can help you (i believe). You can get the CanvasSize property value, assign that to a variable and then check for that. Something like this:

local sizeVector = Udim2.new(ScrollingFrame.CanvasSize)

if ScrollingFrame.CanvasPosition == sizeVector then

EDIT: It may be AbsoluteWindowSize or another property, apologies as I can't check right now.

The CanvasPosition and CanvasSize values don’t correspond with each other. If my canvas size is 200 pixels but I scroll to the bottom, the canvas position will not be 200. In my case the size was like 1048 but the position was like 30 when I was at the bottom.

Is there a value that does? Like, if you watch the properties tab and scroll down in the ScrollingFrame, does the CanvasPosition match anything else?

It does not, but here’s my scrolling frame and corresponding values:

Based on the values above, I noticed that the sum of CanvasPositon and AbsoluteSize will equal the CanvasSize whenever you are at the bottom of the frame.

Here’s the code I used to see if the frame was scrolled to the bottom:

if script.Parent.CanvasPosition.Y == script.Parent.CanvasSize.Y.Offset - script.Parent.AbsoluteSize.Y then
	return true
end 
16 Likes