How could I better monetize my new game?

My game’s monetization (ARPDAU) is quite low (0.5 - 1.5). I currently have around ~100+ CCU on this game, so having a low ARPDAU is really a missed opportunity.

You can see my monetization attempts on the Store page or in-game.

Any replies such as suggestions for new gamepasses/dev-products, feedback on prices, even just telling me what you think when looking at each product (e.g. “Big flame doesn’t really seem worth it”, “Spawn 25 items seems quite cheap; but that’s good because it makes me want to buy it”, “Rainbow carpet is too cheap”, etc.) would really help.

Game: :fire:burn stuff for money - Roblox

3 Likes

Hi @C9OQI ,

First of all your game is really fun and has a lot of potential to go viral if you work hard enough on it.

When I took a look at the gamepasses, here’s my review:

Here’s what first you gotta know, what is gamepasses for? It is to gain advantage over other people and make more quick progress and it also depends on what type of game it is. If it’s not useful and just useless, nobody would buy them.

Gravity Coil And Speed Coil, they are useless and isn’t really useful to use it in-game unless it’s some kind of obby, race or race to the top. that goes the same with the Rainbow Carpet. The rainbow carpet will give you the ability to fly, but in your game it’s just flat terrain and there’s nothing to fly over or fly to. plus they are cheap and why it is bad to have cheap gamepasses? It is because the players will think that the gamepass is low quality or doesn’t actually work which will not make them buy it unless they are some rich player that doesn’t really care about losing few robux.

Other gamepasses is good and actually useful to gain advantage over others but here’s the issue about the “Unlock all the flames” I don’t know if the other colour flames help you but it seemed to me like they don’t really do anything or burn the items more faster. I think that “Unlock all the flames” is useless because it doesn’t give any advantage over others.

About the “Nuke all” I don’t know if it’s global or just in the server but it seems to me like it’s too expensive unless it’s global nuke. you should lower the price if it’s only for the server.

You should add developer products like “Auto Farm For X amount of time” or a developer product that makes your flames more stronger for X amount of time. Just many endless options to choose but choose the one that is USEFUL to the game.

also make it so people cannot spawn items inside the lobby zone because some people spam spawn a lot of items inside the zone and it makes it really annoying. (Look at the picture I provided)

Overall it’s a great game and you should not waste the potential of the game.
also it seems like the player base is mostly under 13 and mostly none of them have robux so I recommend you to lower the prices but not that low.

1 Like

Hello.

Thank you! I appreciate this.

This is not true in all cases; cosmetics are a way to make some money without having the game being too pay 2 win. And it is not true that people will not buy them, because I have another game with much better monetisation (3 - 7 ARPDAU) which sells a fair amount of cosmetics (and yes, they sell very well actually). Perhaps cosmetics are not a great fit for the younger audience of this game though, so I’ll likely reduce the price of the “unlock all flames” gamepass. It was only expensive in the first place as the last flame would require hours and hours of playtime to unlock.

I was planning on removing both the coils as they very recently are now part of the daily rewards and so there’s no point having them anymore (I forgot to take them offsale). The rainbow carpet actually sells quite often; I think it’s just a cheap gamepass for people to fly to the top of some objects they spawn while it burns or just mess around with their friends.

It’s not a global nuke. It’s got a mid-price as it can sometimes lag the server quite a bit if a lot of items are spawned. I’ll reduce the price of it shortly though and will see how it goes.

Honestly I did think of this because it’s the best selling product/s in my other game, but I wasn’t sure if people would actually “afk grind” this game. Do you think players would?

Players can not spawn items in the lobby zone, it won’t let them. They must have figured out that they can just spawn items outside of the lobby and push them over into the spawn area. I’ll put a hitbox around spawn so that if any item falls in, it will be deleted and the player who spawned it will be refunded.

That is true, but honestly in my experience, more expensive gamepasses with less sales still net more R$ than cheap ones that sell more often. Do you have any sources to suggest otherwise? again, in my other game, more expensive gamepasses always net more than cheap ones. Although, I’ll test out reducing overall prices a little as I do agree that they may seem quite expensive for younger audiences.

Thank you for this feedback; I will make changes to the monetization as mentioned above within the coming days.

1 Like

Hi @C9OQI,

From what i can see, there are two reasons why your ARPDAU is low.
1. your gamepasses are too expensive
Some of your gamepasses, ESPECIALLY the spawn infinite items one, i dont think will be bought at all if very rarely at that price, considering the demographics of people who play your game, as i can see right now it has 0 likes/dislikes. If its “very OP” then it would be a better idea to just remove the gamepass from the game, and instead focus on gamepasses that offer less overpowered benefits but are at a much more approchable price.
2. theres no compelling reason to buy your gamepasses
Your gamepass shop is very bland, theres no descriptions on what the products do. My recommendation is adding a description inside the shop ui (i dont see many people reading the signs in the spawn area), or maybe even adding some images that can explain what the benefits of the gamepasses are, and also highlighting the robux shop button to bring attention to it. The billboards thing is a good idea … maybe you could try randomly prompting players to look at one after they play for an X amount of time?

overall you did a great job on making an easy to understand gameplay to loop but it makes sense why the ARPDAU would be lower than expected

1 Like

Hey,

The monetization in the game is now a lot better than it was when I posted this (because I made changes to fix it pretty much as soon as the other person replied) and I have to say, I disagree with a lot of what you have said here.

It is bought a few times a day; which is exactly what I wanted. I don’t want 100s of players walking around lagging servers out with infinite items. This gamepass is one of the game’s top revenue sources actually. The high price cancels out the fact that it is bought infrequently.

We have gamepasses that sell 100s of times, and they do not have any likes/dislikes. I think that this is a feature only older players are aware of? I’ve been on roblox for a while and only realised gamepasses have likes/dislikes about a year ago.

Not true for the reasons above.

I have already done this even before you sent this reply, so I’m not sure why you said this, the infinite spawn gamepass is the only exception.

It’s fair that the gamepass shop might be bland, but I couldn’t bare to make it not fit the style of the rest of the game’s UI. Products do not need descriptions; they are self explanatory and descriptions would take up more space (meaning the player can see less products at once) as well as mean that most players will exit the gamepass shop faster (because they will think “yep… I’m not reading this”).

I do agree, but actually, the signs in the spawn area are more just to fill the gaps between the leaderboards. Also, there is an arrow beam that directs players to the rewards billboard every 5 mins, which increases the chance that players will see the gamepass billboards (and the leaderboards are there… so any player looking at the leaderboards should also see the gamepass billboards).

This would mean that the robux shop button wouldn’t fit the UI theme, which I really don’t want. I do not need to make this change for the reason below.

I like this suggestion, however, we don’t need to prompt users to look at billboards after a certain amount of time because the game automatically opens the shop UI after 7 minutes (if the player has not already opened the shop UI before, and this is only for a player’s first visit).

While I have disagreed with most things you have said, I do still appreciate and thank you for the feedback. It’s really valuable to get feedback from a range of different people.

1 Like