How could I "freeze" a player?

Hello!

I’ve been trying to make it so players can lay in a bed to sleep in a game, and that bed is in a boat (that is affected by physics)

Problem: The player somehow makes the boat glitch, it makes it flip over when the boat collides with something (when it collides, player reacts to physics)

My player is a) welded to the boat and b) have his Humanoid set to PlatformStand

What do I need to add in my script to avoid that issue?

Thanks in advance,
Mehdi

1 Like

I’m confused what you’re trying to say here, have you tried changing the players WalkSpeed and JumpPower to 0?

3 Likes

No, I haven’t tried that. Please wait, trying…

1 Like

Remember when I said I set the Humanoid to PlatformStand? Well I didn’t. My code was: player.Character.PlatformStand = true instead of player.Character.Humanoid.PlatformStand = true

I’ll mark your answer as the answer cause changing walkspeed & jumppower might avoid me some glitches.

:man_facepalming: My deepest apologies.

Furthermore, I didn’t know where to post that, and because I used a script to make the bed in the first place and the last time that I failed to pick the category Scripting Support was here to go, well I went for Scripting Support. Evenfurthermore, if you look at the answer, it’s scripting-related.

1 Like