How Could I Get This Cool Broken Ground Texture?

I saw this video on yout and i wanted to get this ground crack :

Any idea on how i could get this or just any ground crack texture ?

15 Likes

You just need to make an image with that texture and apply it to the part via decal surfacegui or texture.

7 Likes

You can achieve the glow effect by using a particle emitter with a crack image and raising both its brightness and light emission.

To prevent it from looking like a lot of them, give it 0.01 speed, change the shape to “box”, and place it under an attachment.

There are many tutorials about this, and it can look like this:

To make it face up, change the orientation property to velocity perpendicular

13 Likes

There’s a bit of a problem with this because in his example the cracks are very defined and seamless, but if you use this method it may not achieve the same effect, but if OP thinks that’s ok then this is a very good solution.

5 Likes

this could also work since surfaceguis can have a brightness feature, but I personally prefer particles since you can easily customize their size and transparency to make them seem animated!

2 Likes

Do you mind sending us the link to the original video to give it some context?

3 Likes

oh thats true, but thats due to the image itself

3 Likes

found it

pretty sure they’re using particles since at the end it faded away in like a camera burn effect
(simply make the color fade to something else if u want and/or raise the transparency at the same time)

2 Likes

I think it’s just a part with a decal because it pops up and just fades out.

As for the fading it could be achieved with tweening.

1 Like

decals dont glow tho (sorry if I sounded rude I don’t mean to)

1 Like

Ah true do surface guis glow or nah?

1 Like

yeah they do, so any of those options are fine :3

1 Like

You can make decals glow if you set their Color value to something ridiculous like rgb(1000, 1000, 1000). It’s worth a try, or you could just use a SurfaceGui. However with decals you can achieve bloom.

2 Likes

oh wow, I didn’t know that, thanks! Sorry for saying it wasn’t possible I wasn’t as informed as I thought I was, it’s just that that’s what I’ve seen people do in vfx

3 Likes

Any idea on how i could get the texture ?

2 Likes

Just use Google to find one. If you can’t find exactly what you want, you can also find one that has a background and trace out the cracks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.