How could I get valid positions around an Origin?

It’s hard to explain, but I want to make a script grab a random position around a origin point and limit it to a few parts, like have a max of 3-5 parts that it chooses to keep screenshots at bottom of post

The issue is I tried multiple scripts and ways (overlap params, raycasting, vectors) nothing seemed to have worked.
I have no scripts to show because my Roblox Studio decided to not save when I saved so I sadly can’t show you my current script.
I AM NOT ASKING FOR YOU TO WRITE ME A SCRIPT, I AM ASKING FOR A SIMPLE LINE OF CODE OR MORE TO GET IT

I have tried the developer forum, scripting helpers, other scripting languages like c++ examples and putting them to a LuaU format but no videos existed for my topic.

There isn’t much more detail I can put here but heres the images of some examples:
(I also need a radius of around 10-25 studs so the player wont just go across the map.)

Bumping this topic because it wasn’t answered for like an hour.

this script shoots rays into different directions and setting them there:

local numRays = 10 --Not parts, if ray doesn't hit, no part spawned
local position = Vector3.new(0, 10, 0) --Change this to the position you want the rays to originate from
local rayLength = 32 --Studs

local params = RaycastParams.new()
params.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist --We add nothing, so it hits everything, but you can add player's character

for i = 1, numRays do
    local direction = CFrame.Angles(math.rad(math.random(360)), math.rad(math.random(360)), math.rad(math.random(360))).LookVector
    local ray = workspace:Raycast(position, direction * rayLength, params)
    if ray then
        local part = Instance.new("Part")
        part.Anchored = true
        part.Position = ray.Position+ray.Normal*part.Size.Y
        --You can change color etc. Good luck
    end
end
1 Like

How did I not think of this at the time of 3 am I was doing this :skull:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.