How could I improve my group's economy?

I was not sure what category to put this post in, and I thought that Game Design was the closest thing to Group Design.

I am looking for ways to improve my group’s economy and member count. I would just straight up make a game (I have an idea in mind), but I don’t know if our budget or fan base is strong enough.

Budget for Hiring Developers: 4,600 R$
Budget for Advertisements: 3,100 R$

Are there any ideas that anyone has to improve my group’s economy? I also need advice on if you think that I can get developers with my kind of budget.

3 Likes

I feel like you couldn’t really get enough devs with only 4,600 Robux, unless your paying percentage as well.

Without substance, your economy and member count don’t mean much at all. You won’t be able to attain either legitimately without something to work with, both for yourself and the target audience you’re aiming for. There’s also the point of retention for the existing audience.

I have no clue what kind of group you’re running, so I can’t say much about this topic. In my experience, both economy and audience are separate factors that link to the type of group being ran since it needs a defined target to pursue.

I don’t know what you have in mind to attain funds if you’re not making a game or selling something, but without a design or concept to base the group off of, you aren’t going anywhere.

Finally, your budget is insufficient for any of the listed use cases for money you have. Anything short of around 10,000 R$ is a stretch for seeking developers and even moreso for ads.

1 Like

I am thinking about paying scripters and builders percentage, and UI Designers, GFX Designers, Modelers, and Animators ROBUX.

I worked with FireFume to grow NBC Shirt Creators from around 6K members to the over 200K that it had attained when it was shut down. I also played a crucial role in the recent revival of Tiger Clothing.

I can tell you with experience that this is not a viable way of creating a game. It seems as if you’re trying to pay others to do the work for you, but that isn’t exactly how it works on ROBLOX(unless you have over 1M+ starting capital.)

If I am wrong however and you are contributing, I would still suggest you have around 50K on standby.

For reference, FireFume had 300K to spend on NBC when it first started, and Rorien had around 70K that she was willing to invest.

Hope this helps!

One of the common misconceptions (in my opinion) about development groups is that you have to already have a fan base to develop a game. I just recently started a development group with a friend and, of course, it had 0 members other than us. We started working on our first game (without hiring outside developers), showing off what we had completed on Twitter, got us a decent logo and some store merchandise, and suddenly we got a few (very few) members. Later on we put another game that we had sitting around into the group, fixed it up, released it, and in 2 days we got up to around 750 members.

My point is that you don’t really need a completed game to at least start to gather a fan base, just market yourself, your group, and what you have of your game and the supporters will follow. And once you have a game, don’t feel that you have to have a fan base to release it. While this certainly helps, you have to get that fan base from somewhere and releasing a game is a good place to get it from.

As far as your budget goes, I really don’t think that it is enough to give you a halfway decent game, if you could even find people to build an entire game for you. I’d recommend (if you know how to build/script) to do as much as you can by yourself and then attempt to hire out what is left (depending on how much it is.)

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

This is some good advice. I know quite a bit on scripting, and I am a decent builder. I suppose that I could make what I could of a game, and then hire a couple of others to help finish what I could not.

I would advise making a game Solo so you can learn the craft, earn the money and then you can start working with other people otherwise you’ll be lost in an Ocean without any experience.

Yeah. With myself being a SFX Designer and Scripter, and my partner being a very skilled scripter, a GFX designer, and a basic builder, we could make a small game, get money, then make a bigger game with that budget.

If you look at most of the front page games made by a development studio, very few of them were the first game the development studio had made. They had smaller “stepping stones” to get there, and that gave them added funds and experience to make higher quality games.