How could I improve my Lobby for my Obby?

I would like to get some feedback to how could I improve my lobby for my Obby game.

How could I change the lobby so it doesn’t look that empty and also to still match the studs design.
Every feedback is appreciated.

11 Likes

Hi MiniDragosCraft1,

The first step is to identify a style, which at the moment is quite anonymous.
For example, if the obby is in the style of rainbows and miniponies, you can make a consistent lobby with a pink glitter carpet, rainbows in the shape of fairground slides.

You just have to think of a style and set up the lobby trying to integrate it like a puzzle piece, consistently.

9 Likes

Well what is the obby about is the first step to adding more stuff

3 Likes

Please, show a picture of the obby.

2 Likes

So my Obby is basically like white and black, with some color sometimes.
I would think to make some pillars and see how it goes and how I can continue. I can also put some random stuff so it doesn’t look so empty. Thank you for the idea

2 Likes

If it’s black and white I would add gears like top hats that award things like jump boosts and to get the gears you have to beat the obby a certain number of times and of course the gears would be black and white somewhat like this

IMG_0531

5 Likes

If you need any help with building things for the game feel free to reach out to me and I’ll do my best to help.

1 Like

I already plan to add in the future a shop with an in-game shop system that you can buy cosmetic things. You gave me a good idea that some of the hats can have powers, but at this moment I just need an idea of what to put in my lobby

2 Likes

Well add teleporter similar to those from Obby But You’re On A Bike that can teleport you to different worlds in the game would be one of my suggestions

1 Like

That can take up a decent amount of space for starters. Then you could add the shop for the items and a daily spin wheel

1 Like

I don’t really want to make my game so p2w (but I can add a daily spin so players can spend some robux sometimes).
But, I have already a great idea for replayability so I don’t have to make 1000 stages, because I am so slow making new stages X_X

2 Likes

Lol I get it. And by the shop I meant things you could buy with wins not Robux.

2 Likes

Not exactly, you misrepresented my speech a bit.

Black and white with a bit of colour here and there, that’s not a style, it seems obvious to me.

If you don’t want to give stylistic personality to the game, rather stick to black and white (without colours), playing with shades and variations of grey (even if it seems more complex to me than going for a more defined style).

Also, to create a consistent design you can’t just put random objects to fill spaces, that’s an example of bad design.

The point is to give a specific meaning to what you put in, and if that meaning is “to cover empty spaces” you have to think of something else.
An object is ‘decorative’ if it adds extrinsic beauty and is consistent with the architecture.
For example, putting a model of a dragon-shaped statue at the entrance if your style is going to be a minimalist black and white obby has nothing to do with it.

Oh, ok. I am not that good at game design, and I don’t know what to put there.

But what I meant by pillars, was to make something like a roof after I make the pillars. But the idea is that I don’t have any ideas of what to put there so it doesn’t look empty