How could I improve this game (planning to remake it)?

Hello, I was looking through some of my old games and I found a game called Sketchbook. It was one of the first games which I released and I want to remake it 2 (3 years next August) after I originally made the game. I already have a few ideas on how I could improve the game but I wanted to get some feedback from other developers to see what else should be changed in the new version.

Please reply to this post with any feedback. I am aware of 1 or 2 of the issues and it definitely isn’t my best game but anything is appreciated :slight_smile:

Please do consider that the game is designed to be a simple drawing game for mostly younger audiences.

Here’s a link to the game:

Quick question:

Did you enjoy the game?
  • I really liked the game
  • I liked the game
  • The game was okay
  • I didn’t like the game
  • I really didn’t like the game

0 voters

Roughly how many issues did you encounter when playing? (Please reply stating any issues)

0 voters

What would you rate the experience out of 5?

0 voters

Please reply with any other feedback on the game :slight_smile:

Hi! This game seems pretty polished, however, I believe some things need fixing!

Brush Size Limit
In your game where you increase the scale of your brush, you can set it to as big as you want. Although this is useful, the player can make it so the preview covers up more of the GUI on screen.(which is what I did.) It would also be much easier if you let the players hold down on the scale buttons instead of pressing it individually every single time.

Fix Triangle Shape
This is pretty simple… it seems that the triangle shape has an outline no matter the color, that’s all!

Clear Canvas Closes GUI
When you clear your canvas, upon clicking the clear button the pop-up should just close instead of making you close it manually.

Wrap Up
All in all, this is a pretty basic game that has a lot more potential. I would love to see more shapes and maybe a refreshed UI, which includes a feature where you can minimize or hide the UI to get a better look at your drawing. I honestly think this game would be fun for a younger audience, and I also really like the feature of being able to view others’ drawings! Nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I agree with your points as the UI is definitely outdated compared to newer games and features that roblox has added and the overall experience needs to be improved for the player.

I will definitely take your points into consideration when creating the new version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the 1st Problem that i encountered was when you draw fast it separates each circle I know you probably knew about that but its a 6/10 on the annoying scale

the 2nd Problem was that the canvas was too small for satisfaction and to fix this just make the brush settings like a dropdown that close and open when you press a certain item.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I agree with what you are saying and I can see how that would work better in the game. I will make sure to consider it when making the newer version to make it better than before.

1 Like