How could I improve this legendary axe model?

Hi folks!

Yesterday I modeled, textured and rendered the first legendary axe skin for Treacherous Tides, a pirate game for which I work. I’ve worked to the best of my ability at the moment, but I have stared at it for too long. I’d like to ask other people’s input on how I could potentially improve this model further, so I can take that into account for the next model.

I’ve called the model Kraken Axe, though I’m aware that this is a terribly uninspired name. If you have any recommendations for a better name, please post them below!

As I didn’t want to flood this post with screenshots, I have linked my ArtStation post below which contains a lot more renders of this model for more details. If you’re interested, please follow the link below. Thank you so much!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rJv2Ve

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my work and sharing your thoughts. It’s super appreciated! I hope you have a nice day!

If you are interested in following the development of this project further, you can join the community server!

11 Likes

Bumping this, I’d love to hear any constructive criticism

3 Likes

This model looks very good! Nice job on it! I suggest adding some scratches/detail to the sharp part of the axe, to make it look “used” a bit.

4 Likes

This is a good idea! I’ll try to incorporate more surface damage into my next project :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your feedback!

3 Likes