How could I make a bounty system?

Hi there!

How could I go about creating a bounty system?

Bounty system: Players can place a bounty on other players, that bounty is then added to a list of bounty’s, player’s will then look at the list and see which player to target, once killing a player who had a bounty, they should receive the bounty/reward.

Any help appreciated!

3 Likes

Anyone have any idea of where I could start?

No, i guess you should use number( or int) value. Then script it to fire an event that if u kill someone (get that person.Values.Bounty) u get their bounty, + u killed a person (u asked how to detect player kill eachother right) → ur bounty value gain more

Its that simple. But the list thingy idk much, u asked for idea then, this

Could you explain a bit more about this?

1 Like

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ Idk much

But, you put a int (or number ) value (if u like sorting and filtering then make a folder in the started character, else dont) in the starter character (or value folder) and name it bounty

Now you have your bounty
Make a vote system(u can find on yt) (actually make a player list first (which i guess you can find on yt) ) call a number of bounty on that player. In the script: chosenPlayer.character.Bounty = ({typed bounty} + currentBounty) / 2 (which i guess make it the average value to make sense ig, you can do better math but im just a student)

Fire the server to everyone can see the change of bounty, the list of player contains the bounty on the side.

Then kill that player, and u get bounty like i explained in the last post

Sorry for my english, and looks like you are kinda new, me too lmao

I had a similar idea to use values in the player.

1 Like

Ok, i guess u r making a one piece game

I’m stuck, because how would I detect the player who killed the player with a bounty? I don’t know how to detect when a player killed someone with a bounty.

1 Like

bro thats too long. But that does make sense. But he wont understand that much (me 2). But ObjectValue is kinda creative ngl, i didnt think about that. but i think kill someone (detected). Player B (killed) (acttually already a character (i dont remember) ).Values (which every player has ( bc in startercharacter)).Bounty

this is my style. Simple, slow and hard to think about. But ur style is hard to think about but easy and fast