How could i make a part bigger?

Im making a planetary system. These planets of course have their own gravity and sphere of influence, but the Earth is a sphere which is 2048 studs, so I can’t make a sphere of influence bigger, is there any solution to this problem?

7 Likes

Have you searched for solutions?

5 Likes

I don’t really know how to make touched event inside a special mesh.

2 Likes

A SpecialMesh is an instance that applies a mesh File and texture onto a Part.

4 Likes

You cannot. Sadly, its roblox limit

1 Like

You’d have to make the earth separate parts. Roblox’s scale limit is currently 2048 studs, and I believe it will remain that way. I would suggest going into Blender if you have the app and making a really huge earth there, but I’m not sure if the triangles would fit into Roblox at that point. You can try making a really huge mesh just below 10k triangles, as that is the Roblox mesh limit and then scaling it to 2048. That will technically make it bigger than 2048 studs.

3 Likes

Cut your planet up in more pieces. No need for your planet to be one piece. :slight_smile:
You can do this in blender, and then import each mesh one by one.

2 Likes

I don’t have blender right now, is there any other solution?

2 Likes

Install Blender. You can also create a sphere in Studio out of multiple parts, but this is not the best solution. If you want the best result, you’ll need to go the extra mile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Set scale until as high as big your part is

3 Likes

It needs to be a part, which has a touched event.

2 Likes

Oh, then you can’t possibly make a part instance bigger in terms of actual size.

2 Likes

What about using region3 as a sphere?

2 Likes

I am not familiar as to what Region3 is

2 Likes

It’s basically a “theoretical” region in which you can detect touching parts, etc.

2 Likes

sphere in blender, cut them as a cube which has 6 faces, make them freely sizable

3 Likes

Blender is free.

2 Likes