How could i make a Social-Hangout game popular

Hey everyone!

I’m working on a social-hangout/roleplay game called Generic Booth Gaem, and I’m trying to figure out how to make it more engaging so it can grow.

The Game:

The idea behind the game is pretty simple—it’s a space for people to socialize and hang out. Players can claim a booth from a variety of different options, and there’s a shop where they can use the game’s currency, Tokens, to buy new booths and gear. You earn 1 token every minute, plus there are daily reward streaks to collect extra Tokens.

Here’s a few examples of the booths in the game (sorry for the low quality!):

The Problem:

The main issue I’m facing is that while some players join and enjoy the game, a lot of them seem to leave after just 3-4 minutes, which is killing my average playtime. This obviously isn’t great for growth, and I’m trying to figure out how to keep people around for at least 8-10 minutes.

What I’m Looking For:

Has anyone else run into this problem with their own games? I’m trying to find ways to make the game more engaging or add features that’ll keep players hooked for longer. Any advice or feedback would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much for reading!

1 Like

1) Title

i think “generic booth gaem” is a little too generic haha
too many games follow the title and you’res will not stand apart from the others at all

remember, immediately from just your title and thumbnails, try to let the user know what your game can bring that the other one can’t

2) Clean the ui

When you first join, you’re a little bombarded.

When the player joins, they should probably view only one menu at a time.

At the same time, a simple gray gradient might make the ui a little too boring to look at. Try adding some easter eggs here and there (e.g. a button explodes with the old roblox classic explosion sound after spam clicking it intentionally too much)

Some buttons should show up in similar locations. Why is the favorite button up there and the invite friends button down here?

3) Tokens

representing tokens with two symbols might make things more complicated than it should be for the user

4) More UI Tips

Red text on a gray background is not fun to read. Since the game is in beta, you might want to make that text white and put it on the bottom center of the screen and keep it there no matter what. A lot of games tend to do that.

Make sure the padding is thee same between both menus…Also make sure the text size is the same. Don’t use textscaled on your ui.

Make sure to apply that padding everywhere.

Also, try to keep prompts as short as possible.

5) Gameplay

This conveyor is kind of useless since they aren’t close to any of the boots.

The background scenery is a little bland, and it differs from the general flat style of the map.

5.5) Gameplay Loop

Players have no idea what they’re really doing when they first join. These messages only tell you what you can do to just play the game, not what you should to to make things fun.

Tokens are a good concept, but right now, booths don’t look like something worth enough to buy. Waiting one hour to get some special booth so far doesn’t present any perks…Also I would not recommend going down the unlock-things-with-more-playtime route since it is very linear and players don’t have to do anything to achieve what they want.

If players want to do emotes, prompt them to make their character r6, don’t just tell them they have to potentially mess up their character or spend 30 seconds to convert their character over in the avatar editor and then reset. (It gets worse for mobile users). As much as I hate to say it, more people are using r15 and it provides more opportunities to the user regarding the way they build their avatar.

6) Shop

Because of what I have mentioned above, the Double Tokens gamepass is absolutely useless for the player…And the flying cloud is useless too since the map is extremely small at the moment.

Though it might be easier to use viewport frames, I would recommend maybe sketching out every single booth with some good GFX. It will make them look much more appealing to the player than a non color-edited rotating image.

7) annyywaaayyyyysssss

i just woke up and i want to help out
i hope you find some of this of good assistance lol
let me know if you have any questions

and remember, what does your game bring that the other one can’t? that’s one big thing if you want to compete with others

2 Likes

I mean WOW.
thanks for all your feedback and advices, you really don’t know how much this helped me!

about the R6 Emotes, I’m currently trying to find a good R15 emote maker and i will be able to do R15 emotes for the game

Alos thx for th Ui tips, They are really helpfull

but still the hardest part for me is to get players stay around for the most time, since the game is a “social Game”, the player need other players so he can engage with
when i join the game it get’s like 30-50 CCU, but when i leave people start leaving too

1 Like

god, i know that pain all too well! i can try to think of a potential solution to that

1 Like

while the players are with you in the game, develop connections with them, and also ensure they develop connections with each other. since your game is small, it is much easier to do that

1 Like

I’m afraid the best way is paying for ads. If you get a few players hooked on for some time, then the game would stay a little alive because after getting front-paged to due to the success of the ads, more will come, and while some leave, the new will make sure the game gets front-paged for another day, keeping like at least 5 active every time you check the stats!

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to do and it’s actucally make me enjoy more than just a “task” i need to do to grow my game :+1:

1 Like

I will fix the average playtime for like 15 days then i will run ads, wish me luck!
and thanks for your advice!

1 Like