How could I make both a objective system and a "story system" for my horror game?

Hello! As the title suggests, I’m having trouble developing an objective system that integrates well with my story/Night system. I’m working on a horror game with multiple nights that has the players needing to complete objectives in order to progress. Anything helps!

1 Like

I don’t know about the story system, but I’ll try my best to help:
To make an objective system, try considering a UI for the objectives, and have parts or things with a purpouse to that objective, e.g “make a campfire” on the UI and get wood scattered around the map. First though, you’ll have to make an interaction system for items. One approach to this is to add scripts to each item, communicating through a module script maybe, or a singular script with a table of all the interactable items, managing each one. Then, you light it up somehow, and yeah. You should probably consider making a UI system as well, but I’m not sure how you’d go about that. Anyway, that’s all I have for now.

1 Like

I already made an interaction system and all that. I’m just heavily confused about how to make an objective system that can progress players deeper in the story.

could add checkpoint bool values and check when they get set to true then start the next half of your story. dont know if that helps at all.

I figured it out but this would help with check check pointing from deaths, thanks for the help

1 Like

Sorry for bumping, but I think BindableEvents could help you
BindableEvent | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub.

1 Like

Took the time to figure it out a few weeks ago, and I am currently using these.