How could I make this lava more realistic?

Hey I am currently making a cool little underground lava construction site, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for making my lava more realistic, this is the lava I am talking about:

I am currently using a beam, neon part underneath and smoke to give it a realistic look, if you guys have any other tips or tricks your willing to share I would really appreciate it :smiley:

4 Likes

Bursts of fire that shoot out?

I already got small fire particles coming out of it (I need to tweak it a bit) if you mean splashes I would not know how to do that (I cant code haha)

Does it flow? If it does, try to make it flow as slow as possible.

Bubbles, sometimes. They do make bubbles, either slow or fast. Read all about the behavior here. Trust me.

3 Likes

it moves really slowly,

If you guys want to see it in person go here: https://www.roblox.com/games/2229429397/Assassination-Tower-Early-Alpha

Wobble it then. A little. Just not too much. I find it funny that the number ‘85’ was definitely not stolen. lol :joy:

Edit: Also try to make some parts of the lava dark, maybe.

1 Like

If players are able to fall into it, don’t have them sink. It’s a small detail but lava is VERY dense compared to people. It should be like they’re landing on concrete that’s slightly liquid-like but can’t sink completely down in.

Aesthetically though, lava is very viscous so it would flow very slowly, as well as if you add air bubbles, make them rise slowly, since lava is much more dense than air.

3 Likes

Have you loose health if a fireball hits you or you touch it.

3 Likes

I used a letter generator to make the number 85 and a rust decal for it, its pretty random idk why i put it, I shall try the wobble

Yea it annoys me when people think you sink in lava, once i get my scripter to program it we will make it really dense

2 Likes

You will loose health if you get too close to the lava but not if a fireball hits you since its a particle effect and things might get complicated

1 Like

Don’t forget about the soundscape if you haven’t done anything for that, lava makes some wacky sounds.

2 Likes

if you’re not using this you might as well ctrl x

3 Likes

GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP

No but seriously I will look into some sound effects :smiley:

2 Likes

oooh thanks! I will consider it for sure!

I would add in a overlaying cracked-rocked texture, and have the lava “melt” the surrounding rocks. Also make surface lights a deep reddish orange.

Serious Sam Xbox pulled this effect off quite well for a game from 2001.

2 Likes

realistic and roblox and no FiB sounds confusing imo it looks ok the way it is now

2 Likes