How could I make this menu look better?

The main part of the GUI is on the left to show more of the scene and character you’ll be playing, how could I make it look better? Or at least less plain?

5 Likes

Overall it looks very good but you could space the buttons out more or add more to the left side

3 Likes

You could add shadows to the buttons to give them more depth, add image icons to show what each one does, add additional text at the bottom or the side with the game credits, use different shades of colour etc.

1 Like

You can make a HideVignette, what we call “Eyes”, which makes it focus more on the center of the game rather than the bright sides, and make some buttons respond to “MouseEnter” calls, making them an effect can be added as the service of: “UiStroke”, and make its “Transparency” increase as you hover over it.

script.Parent.UIStroke.Transparency = 1 -- [Set UiStroke to Transparency = 1 automatic]
script.Parent.MouseEnter:Connect(function()
	game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(script.Parent.UIStroke, TweenInfo.new(0.99), { Transparency = 0 }):Play()

script.Parent.MouseLeave:Connect(function()
		game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(script.Parent.UIStroke, TweenInfo.new(0.2), { Transparency = 1 }):Play()
	end)
end)

Or, if you want something more complex, I recommend hovering over the R6-Dummy’s HitBox and adding a highlight.

What I recommend: Don’t go around adding a lot of things as this can end up affecting some things and ends up leaving the menu very confusing.

2 Likes

This is really a fantastic idea! I never would have thought to do this.

This also seems like quite the idea! Thank you as well!

1 Like

Make a cool image button in the right upper corner where you can read the game info on how to play.

1 Like