How Could I Make This?

So in this game, there is a sort of starry sky, the spheres fade in and out making it look like stars in a sky.

How could I create this? Also, how could I script it to work and function like I described? Thank you, btw I know nothing about coding so if the scripting could be simply that would be appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

Just gotta make the parts transparency fade in an out, then just place a bunch around where you want the stars

3 Likes

Adding on to this, you can make the stars as simple as a sphere part or you can make it extra fancy by modeling a star shape.

2 Likes

If I am not wrong, those are particles. You can find tutorials on how to work the particle engine via Youtube and then can go from there in creating a starry night sky.

2 Likes

Not sure what that is, but it looks like a particle emitters. Here is a link about particle emitters, ParticleEmitter | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

Hey there!

I was going to ask you to link the game so I could see what they look like, but no need, I found it!

I can confirm, these are particle emitters. And it actually requires no script what so ever! It’s all in the properties for the particle emitter.

Here’s what you’ll do:

Insert a part. Adjust its size to however you like.

Then, insert a particle emitter inside that part.

So far, you should see something like this:

Set the part transparency to 1 (not the particle emitter).

Now, click on the particle emitter in the explorer. Make sure both your explorer tab and properties tab are open.

In the properties tab, here’s what you should change:

1. First, the texture. You’ll want to delete what’s currently in the tab and change it to “rbxassetid://129110349” That is the id for a white circle, which you can customize later.
  2. Next, you’ll want to change the Speed. Set it to 0, so that the particles won’t move.
  3. Change the LightInfluence to 0. This will keep the brightness of the particle from changing no matter what time of day it is in the game.

The following tips aren’t needed but are recommended.

1. [Highly Recommended] Play around with the LightEmission. Keeping it at 0 doesn’t really get the effect that the game has.
  2. I noticed that the particles in the game are partially transparent. You should play with the transparency of the particles and see what you like.
  3. Don’t put the particle emitter part right on the ceiling. Put it a little down, otherwise, the particles and the ceiling will overlap and create half circles, or no circles at all.

Now, you can just play with the color and size. Recommended size is 0.1. Here’s my result:

Let me know if you have any questions!

7 Likes

Woah! Thank you so much for the help, this is seriously a life saver.

1 Like

Forgot to mention something!

The bigger the block is for these stars, the higher of a rate you’ll want to have. Make sure with the rate, there isn’t too much overlapping, but it’s a good amount to fill the whole block!