How could I recreate this lighting effect?

Hello there!

Currently, I’m working with some lighting illusions for the first time, and I’d like to know how I could recreate this spot-light beam effect that’s shown in the image below:

I’ve tried using all the light instances. However, I can’t seem to get the illusion anywhere close to being visually similar.

If anyone could provide insight on how this was done, that’d be helpful.

Thanks!

6 Likes

The problem is that freemodels often contain viruses, you need to be careful about that.

1 Like

Well… just delete the virus then. I do it all the time If I need to use free models.

This shouldn’t be difficult at all to replicate, all you’ll need is a spotlight, a beam, and some dust particles.

1 Like

and to play around with the lighting to make it dark like that :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe they asked how this effect is done, not how to insert a freemodel. Besides, they don’t really learn anything just by using a random free model compared to what they would doing it themselves.

Anyways, @OP, Try making a beam that extends from the ceiling to the floor. Use the spotlight instance and play with the beam effect to make it like a cone shaped light. Finally, use some particle emitters and it should look perfect.

3 Likes

I think i know how to…
1- make a dark room (probably the hardest part)
2- add dust particle
3- make a beam (velocity:0 and it must be an image)
4- add a surface light to an invisible part and point the light down
5- make the lightning FUTURE

1 Like

I tried making my own , it doesn’t look as good but i think i got close to the original one

3 Likes

That still looks really good! Maybe try making the spotlight brighter, it might make the “circle” of light around the TV appear more like the photo. Also, how did you make the lighting settings dark? Did you use fog?

Hey! Apologies, I’ve been busy and looked over this thread.

I did manage to get the effect I wanted to create with all your helpful tips, except there was one issue with:

The problem with the beam is that it’s a 2D image, so it doesn’t really look that real when playing in a 3D game, is there any way to work around this?

I’m also wondering:

Regarding the beam effect, make sure the property “Face Camera” is checked off / set to true. Also, make sure you find a smooth image and set the Texture speed to a low number or even 0.

Ok so I tried over and over with different tv’s and lighting and smoke and this is the best outcome I was able to get I got a feeling that some of that had some sort of photoshop and if that was ingame they must have a plug in to make that effect I know that the stuff coming down is “ParticleEmitter” then there is smoke up to 0.03 Opacity. Then for the lighting I did a spotlight then put the angle at 117 then brightness at 13.34 then I put range at 27. I put the color to 255, 249, 216 and that is about all I could do. I am sure that there is another way of doing it but this is as close as I was able to get.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 6.51.11 PM

I used fog and i also used color correction (brightness ,saturation and contrast)and Exposure Compensation
i also made the walls black , the wall’s material is Neon

Do you have Shadows property enabled to the light? You should use it since it adds depths and realism to the piece.