How could you do Custom Fonts on Studio?

Hello Developers, I was wondering if there is a way to script a system that lets you use custom fonts in Roblox Studio. I’ve always wondered how to do this because I feel like the font optimization on Roblox is very limited. I would be really happy if I could upload my own font library some how using a script. How would I go about doing this?

As far as i know, unless if you script something like the 3d text plugin, it is impossible.

If what you want is custom fonts for UI, then the best thing you can do if upload images of the text, and then use ImageLabels for the font.
The only downside to that is that you cant have say, a custom font cash counting system.

You could also replace the font files in your game directory, however they will only change for you and no one else, I wouldnt recommend this, as it is buggy, and one of my fonts on studio are now forever locked as comic sans. (Yes, I reinstalled, it was still comic sans)

I’ve seen programs made for custom fonts in Roblox that generated a spritesheet image out of a .ttf/.otf file and have seen some games use those methods (Loomian Legacy) for custom fonts, however Roblox has announced in the past that they’re going to bring in the Google Fonts library (or something similar along those lines) into Studio’s toolbox to allow developers to use more fonts.

1 Like