How did my game timeline go (did much change?)

Hello, I have been working on this speedrunning game since last year so i wanna know how well the timeline has went.

november 2020 to january 2021: 2020 - nov to January 2021 on Vimeo

January 2021 to february 2021: 2020 - Jan to febuary 2021 on Vimeo

february 2021 to may 2021: 2020 - Jan to febuary 2021 on Vimeo

may 2021 to july 2021: may 2021 to july 2021 on Vimeo

currently: dr prev2.webm on Vimeo

2 Likes

Yes, really changed alot,

Animations: Need a good jump animation + some new animations while holding any gear

Gui’s: Needs improvement ( some Frame colors doens’t fit with the game and the ambient

Nice job here

2 Likes

Hello there!

Firstly, I’d like to say there is a day and night difference between where your started and where you are now. Your map-making skills have most definitely changed a lot, as well as your UI crafting abilities.

The overall idea of the game is quite intriguing, however, there are certain marks you need to improve on in order to push you closer to making a home run game. The User Interface; the idea is there and a goal in mind is present, however, the neatness of the interface needs to be perfected. I’m a big sucker for consistency, so when I see certain things out of place it turns me off. When you went from the main screen to the Play Menu, it seemed as if there was an entirely different style in place. I suggest going with what’s on the main screen and keeping the orange theme that the Play button holds, also possibly making the other UI the same “wonky and imperfect” rectangle style. Not forgetting to mention, the stroke on the Play Menu’s UI is far too large and looks quite out of place. I’ve attached a quick example I drafted to get a clearer image.

All in all, I think you are on the right track and if you spend a lot of time and effort in perfecting your skills, you’ll be on the big scene in no time!

UI Example

2 Likes

thanks for taking your time to write this, I’ll definitely follow up with this.

1 Like