How did the game 'Door' made the glitch effect?

Go to 4:19 in this video:

You can see the glitch effect is very cool and realistic, how can I create that?

4 Likes

It seems like a simple GUI, can you tell us more about the effects that we are missing?

1 Like

i think it’s just an image

4 Likes

If that the case, the GUI can be parented to PlayerGui when certain event or timer happened.

1 Like

Well, I do know what you are talking about. They used from what I could see a color-inverter mechanic, which is open source on the forum, and probably a lag machine that deactivates when the player is teleported since the camera tween stopped very suddenly when the thing happened.

1 Like

It’s a ColorCorrectionEffect with a GUI overlay. I would guess that the contrast & brightness has to be high & the saturation low along with a black TintColor.

There probably is an image too, that’s identical everytime.

I don’t think you can make a lag machine that deactivates (talking about the lag methods I’ve seen), probably just changed the camera type to fixed.

Could be a video frame that they made in a 3rd party app

From what I’ve seen the particle (because there is one) stops too.

Speed…?

1 Like

its a gui, im the toolbox theres “doors asset pack” and theres glitch screen im the “gui” folder, its not a glitch frame or something like that its just a png with the guy already im it

2 Likes