How did they make this stick to wall?

try splitting up the normal… CFrame.Angles(normal.X, normal.Y, normal.Z)

I’m confused…
https://gyazo.com/1981bf6d196695f00aabbe214b94e7b3

lol like I said, you’ll have to play with it. you probably only need 1 or 2 of the axis.

Oh, I see.

(30 charssssssssss)

So I tried this in a test env:

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")

local Character = script.Parent

local RootPart = script.Parent.HumanoidRootPart

RunService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()

local downRay = Ray.new(RootPart.Position, Vector3.new(0, -10, 0))

local _, _, normal = workspace:FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList(downRay, {script.Parent})

RootPart.CFrame = RootPart.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(normal.Z, 0, 0)

Character.Humanoid.PlatformStand = false

end)

This almost works… it seems to be fighting the default character controller though. I would suggest looking into the Gravity Controller suggested above and making a modified version to suit your needs. Sorry I can’t be of more help. GL :smiley:

Thank u, I’ll try my best!

(30)

btw i figured out a better way

–R15

local char = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.Character or game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local lowerTorso, rootPart = char:WaitForChild("LowerTorso"), char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

local params = RaycastParams.new()
params.FilterDescendantsInstances = {char}
params.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist

game:GetService("RunService").Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	local ray = workspace:Raycast(rootPart.Position, Vector3.new(0, -char.Humanoid.HipHeight - (rootPart.Size.Y / 2) - 2, 0), params)
	if ray then
	    local vector = rootPart.CFrame:VectorToObjectSpace(ray.Normal)
	    lowerTorso.Root.C0 = CFrame.new(0,-1,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1) * CFrame.Angles(vector.z, 0, -vector.x)
    end
end)
27 Likes

Thanks! It works very well!

(30CHARS)

2 Likes

hi that work on slope very well thanks!. But would I adjust that to work on straight wall please help and thanks!

for that you might want to look at EgoMoose’s gravity controller

Can there be a simple click stick to wall? That system confuse me sorry

thank you. I was trying to find a implementation for quaternion rotations that would work with the physics engine and this worked

would it be possible to maybe configure it so that it also works upside down? because I’m kinda just messing around, and thought it would be fun to have something you can walk on the ceiling of.

what kind of script is this? local or regular

local char = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.Character or game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local lowerTorso, rootPart = char:WaitForChild("LowerTorso"), char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

game:GetService("RunService").Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	local ray = workspace:Raycast(rootPart.Position, Vector3.new(0, -char.Humanoid.HipHeight - (rootPart.Size.Y / 2) - 2, 0), params)
	if ray then
	    lowerTorso.Root.C0 = CFrame.new(0,-1,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1) * CFrame.Angles(vector.z, 0, -vector.x)
    end
end)

Local :sunglasses:

30rchar30echar30arcahr

local mag = vector.Magnitude
vector *= Vector3.new(1, 0, 1)
vector.unit
vector *= mag

should also be added between line 11 and 12 for precise rotation to the slope as well as line 9 should have:

lowerTorso.Root.C0.UpVector * (-char.Humanoid.HipHeight - (rootPart.Size.Y / 2) - 2)

as the direction for equal extension of the ray into the slope when rotated which helps tackle higher inclines.

Make the direction of the ray use the rootpart’s upvector scaled by negative of the size / 2 and hipheight, that should help in that department. :smiley: :smiley:

This was kind of a fun one, as I was looking for such a solution. Next step was to replicate the movement so other players also see the movement.

Local script 1

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local moveEvent = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("EventsFolder"):WaitForChild("PlayerCustomMovementEvent")
local tiltFunction
local playerTerminated

tiltFunction = RunService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	local char = Players.LocalPlayer.Character

if ray then
		local newCFrame = CFrame.new(0,-0.9,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1) * CFrame.Angles(vector.z, 0, -vector.x)
		lowerTorso.Root.C0 = newCFrame
		moveEvent:FireServer(lowerTorso.Root, newCFrame)
	end

playerTerminated = char.Humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
			tiltFunction:Disconnect()
			playerTerminated:Disconnect()
	end)
end)

Local script 2

local moveEvent = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("EventsFolder"):WaitForChild("PlayerCustomMovementEvent")

moveEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(otherPlayer, cframe_target, cframe_position)
	cframe_target.C0 = cframe_position
end)

Server script

moveEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, cframe_target, cframe_position)
	for _, sendToPlayer in pairs(Players:GetChildren()) do
		if sendToPlayer ~= player then
			moveEvent:FireClient(sendToPlayer, player, cframe_target, cframe_position)
		end
	end
end)

demo_tilt

4 Likes