How do I achieve "darkened" image effect?

So I’m trying to create a horror game, and I want the characters to be looking “cursed”. I want to achieve this effect, but I don’t know how. Can someone please send me a link to a website that provides such a filter?
Example:
M1Z_T5
How would I achieve this effect?

8 Likes

You can add a ColorCorrection effect under Lighting. With saturation set to -1 you can achieve the black and white effect then you can put a high amount of contrast.

5 Likes

Thanks for that too, but that wasn’t what I was asking for. I ment how to apply that effect on an image.

photoshop? or photopea(free photoshop)?

You can just use any photoshop program and adjust it’s contrast and saturation. there should be tutorials for it too if you search for it

I can’t find any. I just find tutorials on how to make memes.

Use something like paint.net. It has the tools to make an image black-and-white, and also settings related to contrast and saturation without paying for photoshop.
There should be tutorials on how to use it to create images with “filters”.
It’s done enough for me my entire time doing digital art for games, so this shouldn’t be much of an issue for you to try. It’s user-friendly enough to where you shouldn’t really be needing to figure out that much.

1 Like

I’m looking for something free.

1 Like

paint.net is free though

thirtycharacters

4 Likes

set contrast and saturation to max then make it black n white.
did you really have to make a post on devforum about it?

photopea is a good one, it is online and is browser based without sign up too.

1 Like

Me personally, I use Pine Tools.

2 Likes

The program is free already, Just like fq0e said. You’re looking in the wrong place.
The Microsoft Store version exists as a paid donation alternative for the program, but the program itself is completely free.

1 Like