How do I achieve this waterfall?

Those are meshparts and I want water to fall down from it so the player can climb it using water and get on the floating islands. How am I able to achieve this and make sorta a waterfall while letting the player climb the water, is that possible to make them able to swim up the water? I’ve never used anything that involved water, help would be much appreciated !

3 Likes

There is a waterfall plugin that could help…not sure what it’s called though. Maybe some later poster can provide that.
I wouldn’t use actual terrain water but give the appearance of waterfalls and then make a transparent, can collide = true part where the player can seem to “swim” up the waterfall

3 Likes

Rather than using the terrain water, you could use a tool such as the waterfall plugin. It produces a really nice waterfall effect. The plugin is really quick and easy to use, if your trying to achieve a more realistic effect. If I’m not mistaken you can rotate the waterfall any kinda of way to to achieve those drop down waterfalls

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Are the waterfalls too realistic because I want it to match the floating islands and I’d prefer a less realistic waterfall if that makes sense.

I ran into a similar situation for my game, we wanted a double layered waterfall. I ended up using a mix of beams and particle emitters

The basic design is just 2 beams, the first one is static and just fades from blue to transparent

then I created a second one in front of it (You can physically move this beam forward, or just use ZOffset)
It’s kind of like a line texture, to give it some motion and irregularity, this is what the actual texture of that beam looks like

Afterward you can add some mist particles falling from the top, and some stacking at the bottom, and you’ll get this

This is just one way of many of doing it, this may work for you, it may not. One benefit to using beams is you can use the curve property to give it some finer shaping.

12 Likes

I’m new to beams, particles.etc. I am confused on how you made it fade from blue to transparent. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

1 Like

In the rh side of the Transparency Property is a box, click it and a graph will show up that you can tune the transparency however you want it.
You can do the same with the Color box as well as others.

1 Like

What???

No it is not. Just checked the source, owner, ratings, and nothing is suspicious.

1 Like

The plugin I listed above is from the original creator which doesn’t include any sort of virus, other various plugins found in the toolbox or out there that have been either copied, including the same name/image may include backdoors or may have been botted which could be the case.

I would instead check plugins you may need to install and see if it’s from the actual creator and not from other skeptical users. Research these specific plugin, or download a virus protector to check if any sort of virus is in models or your game itself.

1 Like