How do i actually MAKE a sprite

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I wanna figure out how to make fire sprite effects like this guy: Fireball ー Roblox VFX - YouTube
    I want to have enough knowledge to the point where I can do anything id like.

2. What is the issue? I cant find any tutorials that teach you how to make fire sprites, let alone any sprites.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve been searching everywhere. Ive been searching for like a month now and I haven’t found anything good.

I saw a tutorial that taught me how to make a lightning effect on Adobe after effects. While its useful, it doesn’t teach me how to make flames or anything id like.

I have about 4 years of experience with visual effects and scripting, but I would like to expand my knowledge to the point where I can use sprites in a creative manner, just like I do with particles.

If someone could at least point me in the right direction id greatly appreciate that. Im not asking to be spoonfed or anything. Any help is appreciated.

3 Likes

Do you know animation?

1 Like

You would need to make particle effects, then script them to activate something on collision.

how to make a sprite

soda water and lemon lime flavor

8 Likes

yes, i know how to do all of that, what I’m asking is how to make a sprite :sob:

i know a bit of 3d animation, not a whole lot about 2d though. Is this what that is?

I think this video might help:

1 Like

And this one here:

2 Likes

it tells you how to use it, but not how to actually make the sprite itself.

If you want to make something like that, I suggest using something like Photoshop and/or Adobe Animate. Specifically Adobe Animate can help - As it can export in what the flipbook wants to have it exported into.

If you don’t have either of those and/or you can’t pay for them, Try to look for free solutions online. Otherwise, I’m not entirely sure how to help you.

You’ll also need to know how to create artwork like this, There isn’t an easy “let out of jail free” card for this kind of stuff. You need to of learned how to draw at least a little first.

If you’re a mac user there are also solutions available for that system that could help, But yet again, I’m going off of a basis that we don’t have enough for any professional software.

That’s all I can say really. In short, To create flipbooks and/or sprites, use Adobe Animate/Photoshop or find a free solution elsewhere on the internet.

Hope this helps!

P.S: The videos above are genuinely a massive help to get you started in making flipbook sprites though, So you should definitely try and follow some of them.

2 Likes

This video shows how he made it:

1 Like

i actually do know how to do a bit of animating, so this absolutely helps, thanks to all!!!