How do I add a "Now Playing" Gui on my screen?

(Not too sure if this is the right topic)

How do I add one of these on my screen in my game?
Example:
stylish-music-player-thb
Something like this.

2 Likes

Well, I wont go into everything as what your asking for is entire scripts, but I will give what will be needed. You will have to design the UI and its buttons. There is a sound object and it has functions like Play and Pause. Those functions are pretty self explanatory. Here is an example:

sound:Play()
sound:Pause

To get the textlabel’s text to change use something like this:

sound.PropertyChangedSignal("SoundId"):Connect(function()
nowPlaying.Text = sound.Name
end)
3 Likes

Sorry if I wasn’t being pacific enough! I mean an automatic player.
Also I did hear about adding audio to a game cost robux, Is it true?

For an automatic players you could try making a list of song AssetIds and their titles and artists, and loop through them. When a song ends, you would update the UI with the title and artist name of the next song, and update the sound id of the Sound object.

About paying for audio, it only costs for you to upload your own audio. You can use anything on the toolbox for free.

1 Like

Adding music to roblox does cost money because if it was free there would be lots of music with bad words and that would be too much for mods.

1 Like

You would need to create a simple interface first for the music and then when you are done, you need to hook up a RemoteFunction to change the text on that interface or make it popup and then the rest could be handled on the client.

1 Like

I think i you want to make a sound player like that, you need to to learn first how to use tween service, by getting the TimeLength and TimePosition of the Sound in the Properties tab and by updating it and tweening it I believe it is very possible

1 Like

@Aytillia I’m almost done in making your “Now Playing” Gui, I’ll just have too make a tutorial on it soon, hope it will help you!

also I’m too lazy to post my progress rn but here is a preview of what it will loook like

1 Like

Not sure if that’s the actual one, but that’s the spotify one?

1 Like

Yes, it is, it’s my reference.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate for you helping me out! :grinning:

Tutorial will be out soon, I actually finished it, just have to screenshot the important materials and scripts for the tutorial, it won’t be long until I upload it :smiley:

Edit: Tutorial delayed due to loss of work because I randomly kicked the CPU for my computer and hard reseted it, and I loss all my work, gonna redo it all again. Sorry for that @Aytillia

1 Like

Its okay! You can take your time, No need to rush!

1 Like

@Aytillia I already done the tutorial here How to make a live song Player in your game

1 Like