How Do I Add More Detail To My Builds

Okay, so recently I started building and I’ve built a few houses.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 184519
Screenshot 2022-10-04 184555
But, I realized that these builds are lacking detail. So, I’m wondering how I could add more detail to my builds.

6 Likes

I think you should add windowsills and plants or other details on them.
And your roofs are looking kinda strange on edges, maybe you should make them smoother.

3 Likes

Add some textures. You could also use reference images. Also try to add more detail to the walls, doors and windows as they are basically just singular parts.

3 Likes

Yes, they’re right to use textures and image references, that will help.

2 Likes

@Lukewave7552 In my opinion, textures look weird on buildings. But maybe it’s because I can’t find any good ones. Any suggestions for finding textures?

1 Like

Well you can use PBR textures or default Roblox ones. PBR Textures can be found for free in the toolbox or on websites.

2 Likes

Which websites would you recommend?

1 Like

https://c4dcenter.com/material-library/ Is a good one.

4 Likes

use a 3d modeling program & textures

1 Like

My pc can’t handle any softwares.

1 Like

Not even blender? My pc is pretty powerful so I am not sure.

1 Like

Yeah blender always crashes on my computer.

1 Like

try the .zip version of blender 2.79, works on my 11 year old computer 60 fps no crashing.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it later today.

2 Likes

Theres no way your pc cant handle blender but can handle roblox studio

2 Likes

If you’re going for realism, here’s my tips;

Use better textures. I usually get textures from https://polyhaven.com/

Make the windows more realistic, right now the windows are just squares with blue glass that’s not transparent, add a room behind the windows and fill it out so you can look through the windows and there will be stuff there.

If you’re making it poly, then I think you did great!
Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Actually, my old PC for some reason couldn’t. I don’t remember why as I was like 11 - 12 at the time lol but I remember I couldn’t use Blender at all. Never tried the .zip version of 2.79 as someone else said here.

damn lol I had a laptop for 300€ back in the day and it could run blender smoothly. dowlanding 32bit version might help aswell

i think you should add some textures and change the lighting settings

@TM951atSumex I think the issue is my graphics card. I’ve had other issues with other softwares because of it.

@sharklier Thanks for the tips!

@Actulurus Yeah, I’ve seen other people having problems with running blender as well.

@nicodevss Ill try that, thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys but lately I’ve been busy so I have really been able to build much.

3 Likes