How do I add my Roblox game to my group?

I asked this question in #discussion but it got flagged for being off topic and I was told to post it here, I am not sure if Game Design Support is the best place, but it seems like the best place to post this kind of issue.

I have a Roblox game and am wanting to add it to my group, but I cannot seem to be able to add it to my group. I have team create turned on, so when I press File, these are the options I get: “Save to Roblox: Allows me to save the game to roblox as of an update”, “Publish to Roblox: Allows me to publish the game to roblox as of an update”, and then “Save to roblox to” and “Publish to roblox to”, these allow me to publish the game to another place of mine, or save another game of mine to the place I am editing.

In my flagged post, someone replied with this: “Go to the game you want to add to the group, go to file save to roblox as type the information then find the tab Creator: (Group name) when done click save the go to create, group games, the game that you just added. when done everything you did including scripts will be there.” I do not have “save to roblox as”, and there is nowhere for me to type any info, and I cannot find any creator tab with that, can someone please explain how to do this? Thank you very much.

(Also if this is still the wrong channel, please tell me with specific channel to post this in)

2 Likes

I’ve never done this before, but I think you should try doing publish to roblox to, and then you can choose the group you want it under, and just create a basic baseplate place, and then overwrite it.

@DarkDanny04 I don’t think you can make existing games group games once already published for the first time, but here are 2 solutions to that:

1. Just link the group in the social links area on the game page.

2. Make a new blank game on the group and copy everything from the created game, so it looks the same.

publish create new game choose creator

4 Likes

How did you get to that point?

That might actually be a good idea

I just edited, I explained above

I got it to work by going to publish to roblox to, choosing the group I want the game under, and then just overwriting a plain baseplate game I had.

Also, if you had any animations, you will mostly likely have to re-export them under your name for them to work.

Ima try what DarkDanny04 said, and see if that worked, if it doesn’t, I will do what you said that I could do

Also, just as a thing to remember, group games won’t give you the official roblox badges for players entering your game, even if you are the only creator. I recommend linking your group instead of making it a group game for the purpose.

1 Like

I just did what DarkDanny04 said to do, and I got a new place that I overwrited with the main game and has the group as the owner, but the group will not show the game under the “games” tab…
@Derpee_Kirbee @DarkDanny04

Did you set the place to public?

oop nvm it loaded ._. sorry for a ping

1 Like

Remember to mark the post that solved your problem as the solution