How do I animate objects?

Hi, how would I animate objects in roblox studio?

Hi there,
If you are new to animation Objects in Roblox Studio, such as Roblox Characters or Basic Roblox Parts, there is a very helpful plugin called Moon Animator.
Here is a Tutorial on how to use it:

Plugin:

PROS: you can animate literally everything with cutscenes and stuff + its better then the Roblox Animation Editor (which is buggy)
CONS: don’t know any
Hope this is helpful!

2 Likes

for the camera animation how would I script that?

This will help:

1 Like

in the video it didn’t show any way of scripting it into the game.

1 Like

There is no way scripting it with the moon animator. If you want a cutscene between two parts actually you could use something like this:

local Camera = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera
local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

local function MoveCamera(StartPart, EndPart, Duration, EasingStyle, EasingDirection)
	Camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
	Camera.CFrame = StartPart.CFrame
	local Cutscene3 = TweenService:Create(Camera, TweenInfo.new(Duration, EasingStyle, EasingDirection), {CFrame = EndPart.CFrame})
	game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character:WaitForChild("CameraBobble").Disabled = true
	Cutscene3:Play()
	wait(Duration)
end

local function Cutscene3()                                                             
	MoveCamera(game.Workspace.Basement.FakeWallA, game.Workspace.Basement.FakeWallB, 4, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, Enum.EasingDirection.Out)
end

Cutscene3()
wait(1)
Camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Custom
	Camera.CameraSubject = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

You could animate a part in the animation, and inside a RunService RenderStepped event you can set the cameras CFrame to that part while the animation is playing.

1 Like