How do i apply and create an animation to a tool/welded part then actually use it in-game

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    = I want to make an animation for example a katana unsheathing, Then I play the game with the katana preferably welded on my characters body when I play the game. Basically I want to create an animation using the roblox animator, not only the body but with extra parts welded to it aswell, then I want to play that animation(including the tool or part that’s attached to the body) like katana unsheathing, katana m1, katana parry, unsheathe and all of that stuff. If possible I also want to know how you can make a animation on an equipable tool part.

2. What is the issue?
    I’ve been wondering how I can make this for a while now. I haven’t figured it out. I did mess with the animator though by doing some animations BUT only the character

I just want a simple step by step on how I can achieve the basic of the basics of this. Thank you in advanced!

1 Like

you want the katana as a sort of extension to the human rig?
you could rerig the character with the katana as a sort of extra limb???
not sure, but i wish you luck

1 Like

u can achieve that by rigging the tool to the character of the player you should take a look at this post How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

yep, i can add it as an extra limb i can animate it an such but how can i play the game, then play the animation including the katana? do i just add it as a limb aswell when playing the game? and it would play?

oo thank you, ill take a look at it.