How do I avoid the parts position changing when I copy & paste it?

Hello,

Whenever I copy & paste a part into a model, the part always changes its position & I have to save the old position into a notepad so I can change it after. Is there a fix to this bug since it is a giant headache & it slows my progress significantly.

Thanks.

6 Likes

If I am understanding correctly, turning off collisions in Studio should work here. Itā€™s directly to the right of the transform tools (select, move, resize, rotate) which is under the Home tab.

Capture dā€™eĢcran, le 2021-01-15 aĢ€ 00.11.58

2 Likes

I think this is the wrong place to be talking in, but itā€™s fine! Did you click to see if you have ā€œCollisionsā€ off?

Theyā€™re off, and it is still occurring.

edit: I honestly believe this is a studio bug. I will just say its solved for now until I can figure it out.

edit2: dragging the part(s) works other than copy & paste.

1 Like

Are you looking to duplicate the parts instead of copy and pasting?

There is an even quicker way to copy & paste as well, called ā€œDuplicateā€. To duplicate something, youā€™ll just need to press Ctrl+D or Cmd+D. Duplicating basically automates the process of copying and pasting.

Also this should be in #help-and-feedback:building-support I believe.

4 Likes

Duplicating is not necessary for me since what I am trying to do is to paste a part into a model, and Iā€™m unsure if I can duplicate a part inside a model without copy and pasting. The only solution that curbs the offsetting is dragging it.

edit: I did post it in the wrong section since I didnā€™t check lol, but if it can be moved to the right section I will appreciate it if there is a mod.

edit2: Realized I can just do it myself, I donā€™t use devforums that often.

1 Like

Why not duplicate the part and then parent it to the model?

Duplicating is copy and pasting but without changing the position, the duplicated part will have the same parent as the part you duplicated, and you can just move it to the model.

Late response but this could help.
Try pasting it into the workspace.

1 Like

Perfect! This fixed everything that happened