How do I change Part0 of the Neck Motor6D in characters?

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I’m trying to change the Part0 of the neck Motor6D in the Head part of an R15 character, (example)
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    Changing Part0 on the neck motor kills the character, I do not know of any alternatives to getting around this
1 Like

Your Head should have a joint to UpperTorso and that’s the first part of the neck. So you can call that Motor6D as Neck. After that you can make more parts to attach to that Head. You should use Motor6D too, but change their names ( especially don’t call it “Neck”). After that you see these accessories in the end. You can get them when player joined and weld them to the last part of the neck. I’ve never tried this actually, but this is my opinion how should it work.

2 Likes

Currently Yes. If you want this whole NECK to be more flexible.

I’m assuming you’re attempting to create a long neck affected by physics by using constraints.

With humanoids, it’s very difficult to detach essential parts without killing the humanoid. Humanoids have certain hardcoded requirements, ie. unless it’s different between R6 and R15, the upper torso must be rigged to a part called Head or the humanoid will die. You can disable the Died state using Humanoid:SetStateEnabled(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Died, false) temporarily and this may help if you have problems with them dying while changing things after spawn.

Instead however, I recommend simply attaching the neck to the torso without modifying the original character rig. Make the head invisible and either make it not collide, or change its collision group and disable its collisions with the neck segments.

FYI unless physics constraints are attached to the rootpart, their position replication to other clients will likely appear choppy.

8 Likes