How do I change the appearance of the default Roblox soldiers?

What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
I am trying to change the appearance of the default Roblox soldiers. By appearance I mean not changing the colors, but changing the hands, torso and other body parts of the soldiers, while still keeping there weapons and functionality.

What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
Whenever I try to change the hands (I use the default Roblox Build Rig plugin to make a dummy and then copy/paste it’s body parts in the soldier) the soldier breaks. Probably it’s because of some values meshes etc present inside the body parts?

What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
I tried searching for this on YouTube, DevForum, Developer Hub etc to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Well you would have to make a new rig/model for it and bring the scripts and other stuff excluding the body parts into the new one. It’s usually a hot mess to work with them inside of the soldier while everything is parented to it.

1 Like

All of the soldier’s attributes should be transferable so what I would do is first load in the rig you would like your new soldier to be. Then copy the accessories, clothing items (shirt pants), scripts, and gear if applicable from the previous soldier and paste it into the new soldier. This should give it all of the same essence of the old soldier but with your preferred new rig.

1 Like

Will try to do it now! Thanks!

This sometimes does not work, as with the roblox zombie. If you copy paste scripts and stuff it does not work.

1 Like

Okay guys I was just doing the head part. So I had the rig and when I copied the values of the soldier’s head into my rig’s head it just made it look like this:

I dont know what to do now :sweat_smile: