How do I change the "experience" back to game?

cc @devjden @THECOOLGENERATOR

Crashing the client is a bad way to handle this. If your game crashes above a certain threshold on a certain device, the game will be disabled for that device.

The better way to handle this is to make a feature request or accept that games are now called experiences and there isn’t much else you can do.

What do you mean by this? Roblox will disable it?

Yes, if your crash rate exceeds something like 50% on that device(don’t know exactly) it won’t be shown in featured sorts for that device.

This is the most backwards thinking people on this forum have and it’s a real problem. Roblox still has games. If you’re making a game, you are a game developer. Experience is a more broad term that open the window to more devs that don’t just want to make games. This does not mean games are going anywhere. A showcase isn’t really a game, so game doesn’t define it well, a showcase is simply that, a showcase. Experience is an all-encompassing term for all different types of devs. Just because the label for it on the site changed has nothing to do with you being a game developer, game designer, game creator, or player. Roblox just now accommodates the large variety of possibilities their engine can do. The roblox engine is much more powerful of a tool than just creating games and the devs that aren’t making games should be included. I mean to be fair, we have called it “games” since 2006, which is probably before a good 75% of people on the site were born.

2 Likes

You can recreate the Ui, and when you want to kick then, do a while true do loop where you insert new parts until their devices dies,

Even though I barely have a clue about scripting, others have already pointed out that you can probably manually make one to represent the information in a gui. But roblox changed their thing, I believe according to an ongoing lawsuit, so that’s why.

I don’t think you can change it back to game since roblox changed “game” to experience idk why.

I would not recommend crashing the game as that could be against Roblox TOS and could scare the player.

1 Like

I literally see absolutely no reason why to change this. After a while you get used to it.

1 Like

that will just return string overflow error

You can’t do that. Games are a non existent thig now. :pensive:

Used to work, doesn’t anymore. I tried it back last year and it worked fine.

You can’t do nothing since roblox doesn’t have games anymore…

Hey!

To answer your question, No. As its built into the ROBLOX core GUI and cannot be changed in studio or in anyway at all

But!

You can make your own custom UI and a custom kick module then just crash the client with

repeat until nil

Ive made a dupe of the ROBLOX kick gui that you could use with a custom kick module with a kick function with the parameters of Player and Reason which can be used on the server to put the blur in there camera and the GUI In there PlayerGui

also it sizes like the normal one to so no need to edit the GUI

https://www.roblox.com/games/6867977079/Custom-Kicking
Custom Kick.rbxl (30.1 KB)

yup.
even if you do a while true do it wont really crash, will just freeze and the player will just have to taskkill it

You can still kick a player by calling :Destroy() on their player object, however any message you want to give them would have to be custom-made and displayed before deleting their player.

roblox is changing in ways that are just… like artho or THIS also i dont think theres a way

I mean I was going to say “Try doing it through CoreGui or CorePackages” but to my realization you wouldn’t be able to so I don’t think it’s possible unless you recreate it…?

Roblox does have games, all of the top “experiences” are games. The label is just experience now because it’s more broad. It’s literally just a label change, games are still games.

also

function crash()
  crash()
end

crash()