How do I convert a decal id to an image id

I’m making a game where one of the things you can do is paste decals onto blocks, but people are having issues with using the marketplace id’s, what should I do to fix this and convert the marketplace/decal id’s to image id’s?

1 Like

Converting Decal ID to an image ID
Try this or this:
How to convert decal to image link 2

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all you have to do is put the ID into a decal, or just install Roblox+/BTRoblox (can’t remember which) and then go to the decal, then click on that little image icon in the corner.

2 Likes

Here script put TextButton on:

local button = script.Parent
local old = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Part1.Image
local new = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Part2.Image.ImageId

button.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
    new.Image = old.Texture
end)

And asset image id put Decal > Texture Id.

And run test

Click “Convert” button. Enjoy.

2 Likes

I use this plugin: Imiji - convert image IDs - Roblox

It is very helpful as plugins open a window that can be docked to whichever side of your monitor suits you best in Studio. All you have to do is just copy and paste!

1 Like

The easiest method to process decals in runtime is to just use the asset’s thumbnail, which is the solution the original poster of @Valkyrop’s second link decided.

This can be accomplished by concatenating the Decal ID onto the end of the following string:

rbxthumb://type=Asset&w=420&h=420&id=

This will give you a 420x420 image to work with. If you absolutely need the full-resolution upload, the only way you can get the raw Image ID is to make an HTTP request to assetdelivery.roblox.com and parse the results yourself; however, this cannot be done directly via HttpService because ROBLOX blocks requests to its own domain, meaning you’d need to send it through a proxy to make the request for you.

2 Likes

I got it, I just needed to use the thumbnail for the image, I know how to get it, it’s just where players put an id and it loads an image. Thanks for all the help though

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.