How Do I Correctly Texture Paint A Model From Studio In Blender

I made a model for a character outfit in Blender, and now I’m simply having trouble texturing it.
I’m fairly new to texturing, but I’ve used what knowledge I have gained to get to work on it.

One piece of information that I’ll mention that may be important is that the model I have to texture is exported from Studio, and then imported into Blender. I have to do this because the file which contains this version of the outfit is lost.

Here’s what I’ve been doing so far.

As you can see, the texture does not display on the model correctly, and the only signals of the light grey paint that I was using that I see are the dots near the elbows, gloves, back of the knees, and the boots which you can see in the last picture above. Note I get the same result whether I use the default texture property of a the mesh part, or if I use a Surface Appearance and change the color map property of that.

Now, I ask for the support of those who use blender and have experience with texturing in it. My question is how do I properly texture this model? Again, keep in mind that I don’t have access to the original blender file, and that it needs to be imported from Roblox Studio.

Thank you in advance for your help provided.

2 Likes

If you haven’t yet, reimport the model from Blender as an obj file, as that’s the model you’ve unwrapped to texture, and then add the material to that.

If your going for a base color texture, your best bet is to import a color pallet into blender and drag those UV islands to their according color. To import a color pallet, firstly make a image file that contains all your colors. Than to import you go

IN BLENDER go to the shading tab, → Add → Image Texture → place that anywhere on the material space. Click and drag color of the image texture to the base color of your Principled BSDF and open you image in the image texture.

I’d recommend selecting the parts you want to have as a solid color by pressing L on them and dragging them in the UV unwrap to the associated color.

Let me know if you have any issues or need any clarification

To be clear, you’re saying to export the model from Roblox as an OBJ file, then import it into Blender as that OBJ? If that’s the case, that’s already what I’m doing.

Thank you for your message. I will try out your method and let you know how it goes.

No, re-export the model as an obj file from Blender and re-import it to Roblox (the texture should automatically apply).

while your doing this edit the aforementioned properties in blender

I don’t think I can do that because I’m working with Layered Clothing. There’s an inner and outer cage, and bone structure that was with and needs to be imported with the original model. Doing it your way I’d just be importing the clothing model.

it shouldnt matter if all your editing is the base color texture.

So you need to bake the texture before sending it to Roblox. I had wood and a Blender decal on it and all I got was wood and no decal. If you have more than one texture it will usually texture all your mesh with only the first texture but when you bake it, you get a single image that Roblox can display on your model. Here are a few tutorials: Blender Tutorial Bake Vertex Color Map - YouTube and [2.91] Blender Tutorial: How to Bake Procedural Textures Quick - YouTube and How to IMPORT MESHES with TEXTURES | HowToRoblox - YouTube