How do I create custom character gui script

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear! I want to create a custom character gui and script so players who join game can customize a set character

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible! I don’t know how to create it because I’m not that good at lua

I want it to be something like this

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? No and I doubt there will be good tutorials on youtube because every tutorial I have seen so far goes too fast.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you! I want the characters to all start off with the same avatar but then be able to customize it.

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

2 Likes

Try the VenomousOwl on Youtube. There is a four part video series on Character customization menus for Roblox

3 Likes

Thank you LandofLee1620 but I followed the tutorial and it did not work? For some reason tutorials never proof to be accurate except for some of them…

3 Likes

Yeah, YouTube is a hit or miss sometimes. I recommend Alvin blox then. He does some great tutorials. There are a few about guis and menu screens, not sure about customizing menus but you should definitely look into it.

also, when you respond specifically to someone use the @ symbol. Otherwise they won’t see that you responded to them :wink:

1 Like

I feel even AlvinBlox is a miss sometimes because of a bulk of his tutorials are for beginners.

4 Likes

That’s true. They are for people like me :joy: but I think they give you a good base line for figuring out stuff for yourself.

Here’s a tutorial I found: Roblox How To Script A Menu

Venomous owl said to put the main script in the wrong spot. It goes into server script service.

1 Like