How do I diagnose the causes Ping Spikes?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been experiencing some frustrating ping spikes in my Roblox game, and I’m reaching out for help on how to diagnose the root cause. I’ve ruled out poor internet connection as the primary issue, so I’m looking for other potential factors that could be contributing to these spikes.

Here’s what I’ve checked and observed so far:

The ping spikes happen sometimes when I use this move x.com at the point where the rock get raised out of the ground.

I am using a voxel destruction system in my game, which could potentially be impacting performance.
Has anyone else encountered similar issues? What steps can I take to identify and resolve the source of these ping spikes? Are there any tools or techniques within Roblox Studio that could help me monitor and diagnose this problem more effectively?

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Ping is the time it takes for the client to communicate to the server and back, which is influenced by your internet connection.

If you’re talking about FPS, then that means something that you’re doing is taking too long to run and is otherwise slowing down your frame time.

The MicroProfiler is an important tool when it comes to this sort of process, and will tell exactly what is current going on and how long it’s taking to run. The longer it runs, the more you will see it, in which you can easily diagnose the problem.

Use tools like debug.profilebegin() and debug.profileend() for it to be seen if what you’re looking at is the core problem:

debug.profilebegin("This thing")
-- code
debug.profileend()