How do I edit datastore values for people who aren't ingame?

Basically, I have an issue where there is a ton of exploiters with high datastore leaderboard values and I want to clear that so legit people are shown. How would I edit datastore values for people who aren’t in-game?

1 Like

Just use their key. Datastores just are key & value pairs. As long as you know what their key would be you should be able to modify their data.

1 Like

You Can Buy This Plugin: DataStore Editor - Roblox
(150 Robux)

Very Easy To Access Data

Sleitnick Post: DataStore Editor V3
(Created By Him)

1 Like

I did buy that plugin long ago however I just don’t understand how to find a key and name, if I could find those then I would already be clearing those values, is there a way to help with that?

Just Search In The Datastore Name Write Your Datastore Name, `DS:GetDataStore(“Your Name”)

Then Just Search Your Key - Player User Id

Key -
Datas

1 Like

Data

1 Like

You Can Watch This Video (Made By The Creator): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kua4cCxqZgA&feature=emb_logo

i assume you are using the player’s userid as a key to their data, if you want to get their userid to change their data use Players:GetUserIdFromNameAsync(name of the exploiter)

I understand most of it except the key part, as I don’t know if I type in the leaderstats’ value name or if I just put it “Key”.

1 Like

the “key” part is the format you saved the player’s data with
for example, if you saved someone’s data using their UserId, then put that there for “key”

another example:

from the developer hub

the key is “Player_1234”

1 Like

I can’t tell if it’s key or the player name.

the key for that would be
Key(whatever the name is)

example:
KeyHugeCoolboy2007
KeyN4_3

because that’s the way you formatted it

scripting example:

local dss = game:GetService("DataStoreService") -- data store service
local players = game:GetService("Players") -- players service

local dataStore = dss:GetDataStore("data") -- the target data store
local id = ".data" -- the first part of the key

players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player) -- player joined
   local key = player.UserId .. id -- the key to save the data with
   dataStore:SetAsync(key, nil) -- set the data in the data store

print(key) -- prints 107157606.data
end)

-- the reason why "key" prints "107157606.data" is because "107157606" is my userid and ".data" is the string I combined it with
-- combined, it created "107157606.data" which is now the key for my datastore
1 Like

You should not set the key to the player’s name. If they change it, they will lose all their data. :flushed:

5 Likes