How do I enable VR in Studio?

Oh… Do you think that could work for the Quest 2 too? Being able to rapidly try out code edits would be way easier than publishing a game for each test.

It should work fine since the Quest (or Quest 2, same thing) when in Quest Link practically emulates the functionality of a Rift-series headset on your PC. Only thing that would change is some visual and performance differences (such as Quest 2 controllers showing up on the Oculus Home instead of Rift S controllers) but otherwise it’d be the same.

Yeah, that’s the really cool thing about the Quest 2; It’s both standalone and a psuedo-Rift.

I tried making the changes you mentioned in your post but Studio still wouldn’t enter “VR mode” when testing. It would be nice if Roblox made Roblox Studio as consistent as the Roblox client when it comes to detecting VR headsets.

EDIT: Today, I tried launching Roblox Studio on my desktop computer while my VR headset was connected, and I could test in VR; My laptop continues to not work, though. Maybe having “multiple GPUs” prevents Roblox Studio VR from activating.

1 Like

I also have 2 GPUs. I tried the modifying the config folder steps above and it also didn’t work. I have tried many things but I can’t get the VR option to show up in studio when play testing on a server. I have a PC with an i5-10400f, rx570 VR ready(what I use for VR) and an RX 6600 XT(my main gaming GPU). I am using a link cable with the oculus quest 1.