How do I enable VR in Studio?

I want to use VR in Roblox Studio, although all posts say that it’s been since broken.

If it is indeed broken, could somebody working on Studio possibly fix it? It’s hard to work with VR when I have to publish a game every time I want to fix something.

[EDIT, A YEAR LATER]
This is functional for me now. After resetting my PC, everything was OK.
I’m pretty sure it was some kind of bug with SteamVR.

Please don’t bump this post anymore :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Go into Playtesting, then go into the pause menu settings and turn on “VR”. It will then tell u to restart, which you will leave playtesting and rejoin.

1 Like

Doesn’t work, I wouldn’t have posted this if it worked, lol.

1 Like

Hmm. Are you on oculus? Just wanna make sure.

Yes, I’m using an Oculus Rift S. It works in normal Roblox games, but Studio doesn’t even start.

Should I try turning on SteamVR?

No. Tbh, I really dont know.

When you start studio, does the oculus app start on its own?

No, when I closed out of Oculus and unplugged the headset, Studio boots up as if I never had a headset.

Maybe Studio doesn’t detect it…?

yeah. I think that is it. I dunno how to fix that tho :confused:

I don’t have a vr, but try this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/208260046-Roblox-VR

Sorry lad, this is a huge issue with roblox. There’s nothing you can do, roblox basically completely abandoned vr support. The only hope is that they’ll fix it because of the oculus quest getting popular with children

1 Like

If Im correct, you have to go to game settings and enable console.

2 Likes

Nope, doesn’t fix it .So I guess you aren’t correct

maybe you can publish your game first and then you play it on roblox

no. it is possible to play roblox studio on vr

its not. I have been trying but I can’t get roblox studio to launch on my headset when I press play.

Well, Roblox Studio supports VR for me – here’s what I do

1. Open the Oculus application
  2. Launch Quest Air Link on my headset (I’ve upgraded to a Quest 2 since I’ve made this post)
  3. When I’m able to see the Oculus Dashboard in my headset,
  4. Launch Roblox Studio
  5. VR works when I start the built-in player.

Also, you shouldn’t bump this post 8 months after the last post; you should probably just’ve made a new one.

I wish it was that easy for me, so I didn’t have to publish my game every time I wanted to test out VR changes.

Following these steps, nothing special happens; VR mode doesn’t activate when I start playing inside Roblox Studio, and even viewing the program as a “desktop app” in the Oculus interface doesn’t add the “VR” option to Roblox’s options menu.
RobloxStudio_VRUnavailable

Does that mean I have to use Windows 10’s “reset” and reinstall everything, or just restart the computer? I think it’s weird that Roblox Player starts in VR very easily (SteamVR then “play” on website) but yet Studio won’t let me test in VR.

I completely reset (as in clean install) my computer a while back last year and it started working; I don’t know why.

I’m sorry if I can’t help you with the issue (and I also wouldn’t recommend resetting your computer for this)

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of work and risk for something that may or may not start working after it’s all done.

Since my game’s not fully “public”, I guess it’s not much of a problem to have to publish changes, and I guess if it ever was public, I would just have to somehow have a private testing version alongside it. It’s just a minor inconvenience to have to commit all script changes then publish the game/“experience” any time VR testing is required.

(I’m kinda wondering now if this should be considered a “Studio bug” by someone; The game consistently launches in VR if SteamVR is running before then, but Studio doesn’t work the same way, though it should be consistent.)

EDIT: Well, my laptop is seemingly “unfixable” to Geek Squad so I’m getting a replacement so I’ll be basically “resetting” soon anyways.

I have a oculus rift s too, to enable it for studio or the real game, in the windows explorer type in “%appdata% then you should be in the roaming folder, back out of that folder and go into the local folder, then click roblox, then scroll down in there and there should be a GlobalXmlSettingsStudio or something GlobalXmlSettingsRoblox which is studio or roblox. Right click on the studio one and click edit, then find the setting that says “VrEnabled” and set it to true, also turn on “HasUsedVRBefore” and boom it should be done. Or just search up the directory for roblox PLAYER on google and find the setting there. GlobalXmlSettingsRoblox Is roblox, GlobalXmlSettingsStudio is studio. Hope this helps for anybody seeing this.

EDIT: I didn’t see this post was old