How do i export a mesh with vertex color data from roblox to blender while still having the vertex color data?

How do i export a mesh with vertex color data from roblox to blender while still having the vertex color data? Using export selection gives me an obj file without any vertex color data. All im trying to do is change the orientation of a mesh

1 Like

You could try baking them onto the mesh by changing to cycles render engine, going to shader editor, add an image texture, hit new, name it to whatever you want and then go to the bake tab (in same place as where you changed to cycles, change it to diffuse (or was it called albedo, i forgot), turn off indirect and direct lighting and hit bake. Then, save the image that you got, export the obj, import it to roblox, then in the texture, select the file you saved that baked image to.

1 Like

Currently Studio only exports with .obj file types. When making any asset with Vertex Painting, make sure you’re saving master files for this specific reason - it’s a one-way export.

You’d need to get the original .fbx file that was used to upload the asset to Studio. Hopefully you still have that on your PC, or know the person who does.

Also @Itzhidepoop1 great info on how to bake and export from Blender into Studio, but OP is asking how to export .fbx files from Studio, into Blender. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes