How do I export objects separately in blender?

Not sure if this is the right category

Here I made a car in blender:

How do I export the the wheels, tail-lights, brake-lights, head-lights, windshield, car body, and maybe the car doors at some point separately then put everything together in studio?? I know you can just go to File > Export > Wavefront (.obj), but that will export the whole car, rather than everything separately. I need to at least export the wheels separately in order to make a functional, driving car in studio.

This is the very first thing I made in blender, but I don’t know how to export these objects correctly.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you right click on one of the objects in the explorer and press export or something.

Edit: nvm I just tried it that’s not how you do it

There is no export button when you right click.

maybe just open each peice in a seperate file and export

1 Like

You can export objects that you’ve selected by checking the “Selected Objects” box when exporting; this will allow you to export objects separately instead of the entire mesh:

5 Likes

You don’t have to import every piece individually if they’re already separated. To upload all the parts of your model at once, go to File > Export > FBX (.fbx) (and save that to your file)

To import that into Studio, go to Asset Manager > Meshes > Bulk Import, and that way you can import all your pieces which saves you more time

5 Likes

What you can do is make it a separate object and when you are exporting it make sure Selection Only is checked
image_2021-04-30_070940

2 Likes

read the recent comments as they also should fix your issue

Any idea on how I can separate them?

Oh you have to select all the faces in edit mode, double click and in Face Context Menu there’s a separate button

1 Like

This is super easy if you know how to do it. Select the part you want to separate from the original mesh, press p, and press selection and it separates it for you so you don’t have to do it manually.

1 Like