How do i find a part that hasn't spawned yet?

I’m not on my computer right now, but if you feel comfortable, do you think you could send me a place file?

i can send you the code but not the place file

The place file would help because I can test the entire thing and debug it.

1 Like

sorry but i have some trust issues as i have been backstabed before

its ok ill try something and try to fix it myself

Ok, thats fine, I can help when I get on computer to run some controlled tests to see whats going wrong.

1 Like

You put it in ServerStorage. ServerStorage items can be moved to workspace using a script.

1 Like

yeah im doing it another way by using an instance with a tool but ty for the help

1 Like

I don’t think you can use the tool activated connection in a server script

1 Like

Let me get this straight:

You want to spawn a part in the workspace called “rad2man” when you activate a tool. However, it check for the part and once it’s made, it destroys after 15 seconds?

If this is true, I can make the system for you and send it as a .rbxm file (that’s the model file type right?)

NOTE: Sorry, I accidentally replied to someone and that why I’m reposting my answer.

1 Like

no need to make me a system man thanks for the offer ill just use clones as i dont want to bother anyone

You can print the position of the part.

1 Like

You won’t be able to do the spawning from a local script as a locally created instance will not replicate to the server. A good practice would be to fire a remote event from the tool and then have the server create the part. You should also have a cooldown on this to prevent exploiters.

1 Like

i do have a cool down on the tool and it is a server script

Is the tool still being created on the client?

i found out how to do it no need ty

I removed the “(SOLVED)” text from your title.

You need to share your solution here and mark it as the solution so that people who have the same issue in the future can see it. Asking people to reply to get the solution is completely inappropriate and spammy.

2 Likes

So what i did was i went into the tool script which was a server script and below the instance.new
i put a if touched function like this:
rad2.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
– my code here
end)
if you do it in the same script and in the same function you don’t need to do a wait for child or a find first child, and that’s it then i put in my code and it worked no problem hope this helps you.