How do I fix Error 404: Requested asset was not found?

Hi, when I first load into my game in studio I have 2 things in Output. The first is the DataModelLoading with my game’s ID. The second is this:

Image https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset?id= failed to load. Error 404: Request asset was not found  -  Studio

I do not understand what this means. Does it mean that part of my game failed to load or that a decal isn’t loading? I’m at a loss because I can’t figure out what asset it’s talking about. When its a code error I can just click it and it takes me to the part of code causing the error. This doesn’t do that.

1 Like

It’s because that line doesn’t have an asset id at the end of it. It’s not that big of an issue as a normal bug because it won’t break the game it just tells you that there is no asset id for that link or it failed to load.

This line of code can either be from a plugin that’s just has a random asset link with no id at the end of it or something from one of your scripts. Press CTRL + Shift + F and copy and paste that link to see if it’s inside your own scripts

I had 2 plugins that failed to load today. I uninstalled all plugins except for Building Tools by F3X and its disabled. But now I have that message.

It’s really nothing to worry about. It won’t break your game or cause much harm. It’s just there if it has nothing to do with your code

1 Like

Thank you. Still new so every problem seems huge to me :slight_smile:

1 Like