How do I fix this bridge..?

Hello! So I was literally just trying to make a bridge using rope constraints, and I’ll just let the video show you what happened:

I could just use anchored parts for the bridge but with what I want to do when you finish walking over the bridge, this would not work well. Any ideas on how to fix?

1 Like

Also, if you just leave the game running for a bit the bridge just teleports out of existence?

1 Like

try anchoring one part in the middle and see if it makes a difference

1 Like

this is because of mass, maybe, try to make all the bridge parts have less mass.

1 Like

I would assume it’s collisions interfering with each other causing it to spaz out. Look for a free model and see how they did it.

1 Like

I’d suggest using a HingeConstraints between each adjoining board to hold the Parts more steady, and just have the RopeConstraints as a visual effect.

The other option might be to use large heavy Parts welded 20 studs or so below each board that are CanCollide false, which would dampen out the swaying and stabilize the boards more.
Play with the heavy Parts’ Density and distance from the boards they are welded to to fine tune the swaying effect.

1 Like

used massless variable, didnt work sadly

1 Like

the massless veriable only works on parts conncected to an assembly. CustomPhyscialProperties>density>0

it’s already solved though.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.