How do I fix this error on legacy chat?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to get rid of these two errors when switching to legacy chat.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

When I change the chat version of textchatservice to “Legacy” two errors pop up, I did this in a clean baseplate to ensure it wasn’t me. These are from roblox’s scripts

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I searched the devforum for anyone who has seen this error but no one has really solved it, i’m not sure if this is new or what. But the bug comes when I switch from the new chat to legacy. And these are from roblox’s scripts

If anyone knows the solution to this please let me know, it’s just really annoying.

1 Like

i had this same exact problem when i was trying to revamp an old game of mine from like 2021. i think the script is just broken when you turn on legacy chat. it ended up not breaking when i use the normal textchatservice. im not a scripter so i wouldnt know much about this, but from my experience, i think you just have to stick with textchatservice for now rather than legacy

1 Like

Yes I believe it’s a bug however my game fits the idea of legacy chat rather than the new version.

1 Like

This does appear to be a bug in the eyes of other reports, but if you go ahead and check in-game and it doesn’t happen or break anything then it probably isn’t really an issue.

I think it has broken some things in the past, I remember trying to disable core scripts such as the reset button and it wouldn’t work due to this. However, I cant file bug reports since i’m not a group. If you know anyone or you could report on my behalf that’d be great.

Switching to legacy hasn’t shown me this error, this is a clean Baseplate as well, and I see nothing wrong, this may be due to a corrupt studio build.

But I also did this on a clean baseplate. I don’t get it. And people have told me they ran into the same.

Oh I see, this doesn’t error on the server. But when the player joins it does.

Playtesting hasn’t shown me anything either, this isn’t an issue I have, which was what I initially checked.

That’s weird, but eh its a bug.