How do I fix this? ROBLOX COLLISIONS

I’ve run into this problem before and the solutions I’ve done were very complicated and time-consuming. Basically, my problem is that collisions are messed up and you float above the ground when walking. my collision fidelity is on PreciseConvexDecompisition. if you know the solution to this, pls let me know!

2 Likes

My solution here would be making custom collision boxes with parts, cylinders and triangles. Your issue might be occuring because you upscaled a small mesh, which basically makes rendering the collision boxes harder to do.

Try look onto problem with RobloxStudio function ShowDecompositionGeometry. Maybe it will help you find solution.

Since it’s already at PreciseConvexDecompisition, there isn’t much more you can do. I assume you uploaded a large mesh for all the custom terrain? You might have to break it into different parts and upload separately for the collision to be more accurate.

does Roblox seriously not have a way to use the mesh as a collision mesh too? because that’s a serious issue. I might have to switch platforms for this game then… @Roblox Pls fix this!

Perhaps you could use the mesh you’re using as terrain to instead create a heightmap & colormap to use smooth terrain instead? I encountered a similar situation and made the transition to smooth terrain.

This is a pretty great tutorial on that: How to Bake Displacement Map Blender 2.8 Tutorial - YouTube

1 Like

Could you please explain further? How do I do this exactly? And how does it fix collisions?

Roblox has a heightmap importer that converts an image into terrain. It optionally has the choice of adding a colormap, which, according to the colors of the colormap image, will create terrain. You could take your current mesh terrain, import it into blender, follow the steps seen in that video, and use the resulting heightmap to create smooth terrain that very closely resembles whatever mesh terrain you have now.

This is an alternative solution, not necessarily a direct solution to your problem with the mesh. There is most likely no work around to fixing your collisions besides manually creating the collisions with parts.

1 Like