How do I fix this?

Hello developers!

I have recently ran into a problem where when I import my map the textures and colors do not match what they are supposed to look like.

What the map is supposed to look like

What the map looks like

If you know how to fix this problem, please let me know!

1 Like

Can you show us what is in your Lightning and the properties of Lightning?

1 Like

Many 3D software’s don’t like to cooperate with the default Roblox textures and often can mess with the shading as well. I’d recommend manually importing some third-party textures and materials.

1 Like

The images above show the map in render mode, I can send a photo of the map in solid mode. I do not know how to go into the lighting properties.

Solid Mode

1 Like

How can I add third-party textures? In render mode most of the textures are missing, but some are still okay. (Everything seems to be discolored)

1 Like

When I check the textures all of the textures are not colored correctly.

Textures

1 Like

They have textures or you wouldn’t see the bricks or wood grain.
Looks like a camera setting. I also notice there is no difference in the color on the Skybox as it moves up as if that is a totally different Skybox or Atmosphere. Take a look in lighting and remove everything but the Skybox – just a test. ColorCorrection could do that also.

1 Like

Its a roblox material issue, it can export the textures of a part but it doesnt combine both the color and texture into 1. So, you have to either use a mix node on the image texture and choose a color or just use a node group with roblox textures like Maplesticks Roblox Materials Node Group and here is a video on how to install node groups (starts at 00:32).

I run into this problem too sometimes, it’s really annoying but I think this may solve your issue:

I’d try selecting your map and then going to the materials tab as shown below. You would see a bunch of parts or spheres at the top, those are the textures and colors of your map. They would probably be white in your case because of the incorrectly exported textures. Select a texture that’s white and then go to the nodes.

There are going to be 2 of the orange nodes, one at the top and one at the bottom. Try deleting one or both of them and see if the color comes back to the sphere, this was originally white, and then after deleting one of the image texture nodes I got the brown back.

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 11.48.30 AM