How do I get back old textures?

I really hate the new textures for grass and all, any way to get the old grass textures back?

38 Likes

Go to the Explorer tab, find ā€œMaterialServiceā€ click it and go the the properties of it. Scroll down to the bottom of the properties tab and there should be something called ā€œUse2022Materialsā€ Check that off and it should revert back to the old textures.

42 Likes

Like @cheesy_roblox190 said you need to go to MaterialService in explorer and check off ā€˜Use2022Materialsā€™

However if you just want the new grass to go away just use a custom texture for it

thanks it worked beacuse i dont like the new textures

Now if only somebody could convert the old materials into PBR instead of whatever strange format roblox uses.

An attempt:

Iā€™m gonna try to mess around with them in Substance Designer.

1 Like

if u find a solution please tell me how u did it

3 Likes

Looks like they released them in the PBR format (not the specular-glossiness) format some time ago. From my 5 minutes of messing around of them, some still look a bit off. Luckily, itā€™s just the roughness maps, which arenā€™t a big deal. Maybe because itā€™s the differences between PBR and specgloss which Iā€™m not educated about. But yeah, here it is.

https://create.roblox.com/docs/building-and-visuals/studio-modeling/materials

4 Likes

Thanks, means a lot to me and my game.

2 Likes

funny how they literally force us to learn about the feature by changing the grass to this

1 Like