How do I get back old textures?

I really hate the new textures for grass and all, any way to get the old grass textures back?

37 Likes

Go to the Explorer tab, find “MaterialService” click it and go the the properties of it. Scroll down to the bottom of the properties tab and there should be something called “Use2022Materials” Check that off and it should revert back to the old textures.

41 Likes

Like @cheesy_roblox190 said you need to go to MaterialService in explorer and check off ‘Use2022Materials’

However if you just want the new grass to go away just use a custom texture for it

thanks it worked beacuse i dont like the new textures

Now if only somebody could convert the old materials into PBR instead of whatever strange format roblox uses.

An attempt:

I’m gonna try to mess around with them in Substance Designer.

1 Like

if u find a solution please tell me how u did it

3 Likes

Looks like they released them in the PBR format (not the specular-glossiness) format some time ago. From my 5 minutes of messing around of them, some still look a bit off. Luckily, it’s just the roughness maps, which aren’t a big deal. Maybe because it’s the differences between PBR and specgloss which I’m not educated about. But yeah, here it is.

https://create.roblox.com/docs/building-and-visuals/studio-modeling/materials

4 Likes

Thanks, means a lot to me and my game.

2 Likes

funny how they literally force us to learn about the feature by changing the grass to this

1 Like